Job Title:LGOWIT Community Networker (Skye, Lochalsh and Wester Ross)
Salary: £21,819 pro rata
Hours: 14 hours per week
Base: Portree, negotiable
Employed by: The post holder will be employed through the Highland Third Sector Interface (HTSI) on behalf of the LGOWIT Partnership.
Applications: Find full job details at www.highlandtsi.org.uk/vacancies.
The deadline has been extended to Thursday 25 April.
The LGOWIT Community Networkers are responsible for a wide range of activity which includes recruiting and supporting volunteers, training and peer support groups for people with long term conditions. We are looking for someone who is energetic and driven. The ability to work well within a team, the public and on your own is essential. You will be a self-motivated, well organised and sociable person who likes to work with and within the community.
- To establish generic peer support groups and a peer led training programme in your area.
- To provide Self Management education/awareness sessions in your area.
- Encourage and facilitate culture change in which self-management techniques are integrated into daily life.
- To actively promote the work of LGOWIT in the area
- To contribute to the development and growth of community learning in Self Management
- To promote and help publicise self-management to the media and general public.
- Support the development of a range of information resources
Highland has a culture of delivering a person centred approach to wellbeing through the promotion of self management. The LGOWIT Vision will be achieved through the provision of self management education for people and organisations.
Let’s Get On With It Together is a multi-agency, cross sector project hosted by the Highland Third Sector Interface. The Highland Third Sector Interface is a Scottish Registered Charity SC043521