A dead white-tailed sea eagle has been discovered on the Isle of Skye.
The death is currently being dealt with as non-suspicious and most likely to be of natural causes.
The bird's remains were reported in the Dunvegan area.
A spokesperson for Polce Scotland said: "Police Scotland received a report of a sea eagle found dead near Dunvegan on Skye on Friday, April 27.
"The cause of death is pending a post mortem of the carcass."
Highland Council have warned against algal toxins in Skye and Lochaber shellfish.
The Highland Council's Environmental Health team has identified raised levels of naturally occurring algal toxins following routine monitoring at Loch Eishort in Skye and Loch Beag in Lochaber.
Eating shellfish such as cockles, mussels, oysters or razor fish from these areas may pose a health risk arising from the consumption of these algal toxins.
As a sensible precaution, Highland Council have advised people to avoid eating shellfish from this area until further notice, noting that cooking does not remove risks from consumption.
Commercial shellfish harvesters in the area have been contacted by the Council.
Pupils from Portree, Staffin and Kilmuir Primary Schools have over the last year engaged in a project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) Stories, Stones and Bones initiative. This was managed and run by Cleas, a local charity and arts organisation,
in partnership with The Aros Centre, Staffin Community Trust and Canan Graphic Studies at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig.
The project was designed to give pupils access to sites of historical interest within the environment utilising the skills and knowledge of local historians, writers and artists.